In need of a Dutch Guide through the Brexit Minefield?Dutch Centre and Politiek Cafe organise an evening full of perspectives and interesting new insights that you might not have heard before. No one will exactly know what will happen when Britain exits the EU on Friday 29 March 2019. Tonight we will discuss the uncertainties we are facing from a psychological, economic, political, academic and human rights angle. How are sectors dealing with these uncertainties and how are we dealing with it ourselves?
NOS correspondent Tim de Wit will lead the discussion.
To help us understand the Brexit situation a bit more, we are joined by the following speakers:
– Emmy van Deurzen (Professor of Psychotherapy University of Sheffield & Vice Chair of New Europeans) on the psychological effects on Brexit on EU citizens,
– Mr Robbert Booij (UK Executive ABN AMRO),
– Sietske de Groot (Founder/Director TradePeers Ltd and former Head of EU Affairs of Small Business) who is currently advising small businesses on international markets with a focus on Brexit and others.
– Hedwig Hegtermans, active member of the3million campaign. Hedwig is lobbying and campaigning for the rights of all EU citizens in the UK who since the Brexit referendum are unsure about their position and legal status in a post-Brexit UK.
- Date: Wednesday 7 Feb 2018
- English Spoken
- Time: 7.00 pm
- Doors open: 6.30 pm
- Tickets: £12, students £7,-.
- Location: Dutch Centre, 7 Austin Friars, London EC2N2HA