PLEASE NOTE: There currently seems to be a technical issue buying tickets if you are using Safari. Please try a different browser. If you are unable to buy the ticket you want, just email us at email@example.com and we will reserve your ticket for you. You can pay in cash or by card on the door.
The Low Countries Film Festival (LCFF), the UK’s only Dutch-language cinema festival, has a tradition of showcasing the best and newest Dutch and Flemish shorts, documentaries and feature films.
This year, the Festival will be running over two days in November and one in January. On Day 1, Tuesday 15 November, we will be screening In Flow of Words (2021), an award-winning short documentary film by Dutch director Eliane Esther Bots, and The Best of Dorien B (2019), a comedy drama by Flemish director Anke Blondé.
Low Countries Film Festival Passes are available for 2 or 3 days and work out cheaper than buying individual tickets for each day! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which days you’d like to attend.
About In Flow of Words
The film follows the narratives of three interpreters at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia. They interpreted shocking testimonies from witnesses, victims and perpetrators, without ever allowing their own emotions, feelings and personal histories to be present. Contrary to their position at the tribunal, this film places their voices and experiences centre stage.
Watch trailer here.
Film credits and awards
- Locarno Film Festival, Switzerland (4 – 14 August, 2021) Pardi di Domani Won: Best Direction Prize – BONALUMI Engineering & Short Film candidate for the European Film Awards
- New York Film Festival, United States (24 September – 10 October, 2021) Currents
- Vancouver International Film Festival, Canada (1 – 11 October, 2021)
- Hamptons International Film Festival, United States (7 – 13 October, 2021)
Short Film Competition Won: Best Short Documentary
- Chicago International Film Festival, United States (13 – 24 October, 2021)
Documentary Short Film Competition
- Valladolid International Film Festival, Spain (23 – 30 October, 2021)
Time of History Competition
- Uppsala Short Film Festival, Sweden (25 – 31 October, 2021)
International Competition Special Mention
- Internationale Kurzfilmtage Winterthur, Switzerland (9 – 14 November, 2021)
- International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam, the Netherlands (17 – 28 November, 2021)
Best of Fests
- Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival, France (28 January – 5 February, 2022)
International Competition Won: Award for Best Documentary
- Docaviv – Tel Aviv International Documentary Film Festival, Israel (19 – 28 May, 2022)
Short Film Competition Won: Best Short Film
- Icedocs – Iceland Documentary Film Festival, Iceland (22 – 26 June, 2022)
Shorts Competition Won: Best Short Film
About The Best of Dorien B
Dorien has everything to be happy: a successful husband, two adorable children and a booming veterinary practice. One day, everything falls apart. She discovers her mother’s long-running love affair, her husband appears to be very close to a colleague and she has this lump in her breast. She needs someone to talk to but no-one seems to listen. Is this truly the life she dreamt of? Dorien realises it’s time to make some changes. The Best of Dorien B. is a comedy-drama about a woman who rediscovers herself amid the chaos.
Watch trailer here.
Film credits and awards
2019: Big Screen Competition – International Film Festival Rotterdam (NL); Forward Future & Panorama Section – Beijing International Film Festival (CN); International Competition – Lucca Film Festival (IT); Sydney Film Festival – Europe! Voices of Women in Film (AU); Edinburgh International Film Festival – European Perspectives (UK); Galway Film Fleadh (IE); Pula Film Festival – Cinema by the Sea (HR); New Horizons IFF – Discoveries Section (PL); Anonimul IFF – International Feature Competition (RO); Seoul International Women’s Film Festival (KR); Ostend Film Festival (BE); Open Air Cinema Ba_vice, Split (HR); Nashville Film Festival – Narrative Feature Competition (US); Women Make Waves Film Festival – Grey Dynamics of Hope (Taiwan); Hamptons International Film Festival (US); Mostra Sao Paulo – New Filmmaker Competition (BR); Festival du Cinéma international en Abitibi-Témiscaminque – Official Selection (CA); Denver Film Festival Colorado (US)
2019: Special Mention of the Jury – Lucca Film Festival (IT); Best International First Feature Film – Galway Film Fleadh (IE); Anonymous Trophy for Best Film – Anonimul IFF International Feature Competition (RO); Breakthrough Achievement in Filmmaking Award & Special Jury Mention for Acting Performance Kim Snauwaert – Hamptons International Film Festival (US)
Doors open: 6pm
Screening of In Flow of Words: 6.30pm
Screening of The Best of Dorien B: 7.15pm
Second film ends: 9pm
Dutch with English subtitles